Hello everyone, Today I am going to share some facts about one cool CLI tool, which is in high demand,
Are you a terminal lover , Are you haters of using UI, Do you want to send the files/folders to your friend superfast, ? This tool is completely for you
Croc is the CLI tool which was written and developed in Go language, which is used to send any files/folders/ text to another computer or any of your friends.
Beauty of croc :
- You are able to send / receive without configuring or mentioning port number or IP.
- It uses key based protocols (i.e) You need to enter the key phrase for receiving files/folders.
- It allows any two computers to transfer data (using a relay)
- It provides end-to-end encryption (using PAKE)
- It enables easy cross-platform transfers (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- It allows multiple file transfers
- It allows resuming transfers that are interrupted
- local server or port-forwarding not needed
Let’s dive into the usage :
First you need to install croc on your system , if you are linux User, install by using the following command,
snap install croc
If you are windows user, install by,
scoop install croc
If you are a mac user, install by,
brew install schollz/tap/croc
It will take 2 to 4 seconds to install, Once it gets installed, you are able to transfer or receive any files.
Sending & Receiving
To send any files/folder, use the following command,
croc send files/foldername
If you wish to send multiple files, split the file names using comma,
Ex : croc send hello.py
As I already said, it uses the key based protocol to send and receive files, once you enter the send command, your files/folder got ready in your relay. It will display a key-phrase,
Ex : croc phase-text-send
Note : Here phase-text-send is the random phrase generated by the croc.
What you need to do is, simply share the phrase to the receiver, once the receiver put the phrase, the file/folders are successfully sent. Wow, Yeah, without touching any browser or any application, we sent the files to our friends within fraction of second.
You can able to send with the customized phrase using,
croc send --code yourcode file/foldernameEx : croc send --code pythonfile hello.py
If you send like this, receiver can receive the file using sender customized phrase,
How beautiful!! If you really like this, Appreciate the developer’s work by Star the repository !! https://github.com/schollz/croc